1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, July 7, 2017

Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ckkkkkkk.......


Honey I'm home.......

Image result for whip

You guessed it... the whipcracker has got her whip out!!!! 



Image result for whip


This morning I went through the posts so far and updated the sidebar where your names are.....  M is for May (the little project if you wished), J for June and J for July.

You will notice some have j instead of J - this is code for those of you who have finished the applique but are choosing to do the piecing of squares at a later date - I feel it is still a finish but just noting the difference.

Image result for whip

There are a number who have not started and not posted at all...... are you still sewing along with us???  Please let Raewyn and/or me know.  It really is a lovely quilt

The blocks are not too hard don't take too long to do - the pieces are quite big for applique and the piecing is all squares....

Image result for whip

So what do you think of my outfits as whipcracker?  I'm wondering which suits me best .....

Image result for whip

Hoping to see a few more blocks soon - I may have to call in another whipcracker to help ...


Image result for whip

Righto, Gotto Go..... whips to weave, outfits to find.... 



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol Fiona i am a M as well please,great to have you back cracking the whip i had better get started on July's block xx

Raewyn said...

Wow you sure know how to make a grand entry don't you - you really Crack me up (hehe get it?!)

Petal49 said...

Love the outfits.

Maria said...

LOL. ALL OUTFITS ARE GREAT 👍🏼

Susie said...

woohoo!! whipcracker! I actually made huge progress last weekend in fact and only have final border. Will post a flimsy photo shortly (hopefully).

Narelle said...

I'd go with the red boots ... and hope Harrison loves a lady in red 😆

Narelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Fiona...I have felt all of those whips...you can use the last one on me any day...love HF! Lol. Ok I must make a decision on which fabrics to use! Such a dilemma to be honest. I don't have enough of either of my choices so this will cause me to break my New Years resolution. Herhee. Buy more fabric. Yikes! I'm going on a retreat this week so will catch up! Thanks for the fancy whips!

Anonymous said...

My favorites are the first, the third and, naturally, the last one!

Marilyn said...

My June is a j, now to find where I've stashed it. A Photo will get taken when I find it. July is a haven't started block. I probably won't be able to stick to the required months but they will be done. Sorry. I knew it would be a challenge to keep up so I guess it has to be at my own pace. It's so lovely to work on.

Marilyn said...

Lol just went back and the whip pics are now visible. Yikes. I'd better go hide with my missing block.