1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, July 2, 2017

A very late intro and a very late start :(

I have no reason, just an excuse...the 2016/17 school year is finally over...yesterday!  Yippee!  Today we celebrate Canada Day...Happy 150th Birthday for all the Canadians out there!
So this is my story, I cannot for the life of me decide what fabrics I want to use for this lovely quilt.  What a predicament to be in.  I'm pondering french general reds or Primitive Gathering blues... I'm sure Chookyblue is voting for the later and to be honest I'm leaning to the latter myself just because I have more in that stash and its always good to get 'brownie points' with Chooky.  LOL

Anyways, I'm Holly from Newmarket, Ontario.  I first met Michelle a couple of years ago when I came to visit your amazingly beautiful country Down Under.  Chookyblue and Susan set up a lunch date with me and unbeknownst to me they had over 20 ladies out that day. I will not try to remember all who came out as I am sure to leave one out and that just would not be nice of me. It was so overwhelmingly awesome!  Michelle came with her original Cottage Holly quilt and what an honor that was.  I am very excited to see how mine will turn out using only two colors of fabric.  Should be interesting.  I think blue would be nice as it represents the chilly days we have here in Canada.  Although red would be nice as it is a traditional Christmas color.  Oh the decisions we are faced with as quilters.  LOL  I had better decide quickly though, the clock is ticking and if THE WHIP is still long enough I'm going to be hurting. teehee!

Thank you to Fiona, Raewyn, Chookyblue and Susan for running this SAL once again.  I promise to behave.

All posts need a picture so I hope you don't mind me sharing this one with you although it has nothing to do with our SAL.  Lots of flying geese and hst's.  Phew eh?!  I was so happy with how accurately they all went together.
I made this not only to honor Canada's 150th birthday but also in honour of my late Father who was a Royal Canadian Mounted Police, for my friend who just retired from the RCMP, and for my 2 Aunts and 2 Uncles who served in the Royal Canadian Air Force and for my best friends son who is currently in the Royal Canadian Army.  God Bless you all!


5 comments:

Fiona said...

Great to hear from you..... hope you can decide on which fabrics - they both sound divine!
Hugz

Petal49 said...

hello Holly, I love your quilt and what a tribute to your family. Happy Anniversary Canada.

Susan said...

Holly - it is great that you have joined in - nice to be in contact again...
But - really I am just a participant this time - though if Fiona and Raewyn need some whip cracking done I am happy to help out....my whip is very long...as you know

Raewyn said...

It's nice to meet you Holly, I look forward to see which way you go with your fabrics - both sound delicious! Your medallion quilt is gorgeous and nice to hear the story about it.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It was so lovely to meet you when you visited Holly. Happy stitching xx