1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Block One nearly done....

Here we are nearly at the end of the month - it's been great to see progress on the blocks so far - thank you to those who have shared, it's always inspiring to see how everyone tackles the block as well as the yummy fabric choices :-)
You'll think I'm pretty slack (as a SAL hostess) for sharing just a partial finish - my block doesn't yet have it's pieced squares added.

Some lovely fabrics that I have been waiting for have come into my local quiltshop - I'm going to use those for my quilt instead of these, which were bits and bobs from my scrap box. So I'll be starting over and probably turning this into a cute mini ... great for Christmas gifting I think!

Remember to keep sharing, everyone - and keep calm (and post anyway) if you get behind - this is a friendly encouraging place to be :-)
Happy Sewing!!
Raewyn.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh the temptation of new fabrics!!! Love what you already have but looking forward to the updated version too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Raewyn ,love your stocking ,well done xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Extremely cute! Looking forward to seeing your new stash xx

Anonymous said...

Such cute green fabric! Great stocking!

Petal49 said...

Very sweet. I love seeing everyone's versions.

Maria said...

Beautiful block Raewyn. I haven't done the 2 1/2" blocks either as I'm not sure what i'll do for sashing ??

Fiona said...

That looks great.... now for the next colour - but why not just make two quilts???? haha...
Hugz