1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Introduction: Susan at DesertSky Quilts

I'll plunge in with an intro. I live in Tennessee in the USA, and that means I'm a state away from the Atlantic, and about halfway up the coast. Alas, we have many rivers, and the Great Smoky Mountains, but no ocean beaches! Here's a picture that shows why they are called the Smokies - that's early morning fog coming up.
 

  I'm a widow (7 years), a retired teacher, and a quilter for more years than some of you have lived. LOL I piece, applique, embroider, crazy quilt, and mix them all together, sometimes. I can't pick a favorite. I have several of Michelle's patterns, but I didn't have this book, so I ordered it and it just arrived at the beginning of the week. I have enjoyed looking over it. I doubt I get anything made before we start the stocking, though.

Here's a picture of me with my younger son (see mention below photo) at his work Christmas Party in 2015.

I haven't yet chosen fabrics. I have to find the box with the Christmas fabrics in it. My stash has been displaced by my younger son moving in. The older one already lived here. Both of them are dealing with life issues, and no, not here to take care of me. LOL

Many things are crammed in the last small room I have, so finding them may be problematic. I might be FORCED to go out and buy new ones! The shop hop here in East Tennessee is coming up the first week of June. Very timely, if I have to buy fabric!

Since there are already several varieties of Susan in the labels, I'm using dezertsuz, which is my e-mail addy. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all through your stitching and blogging here. Thanks for letting me join!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Hello Susan from one of the other Susans

Fiona said...

lovely to read a bit about you..... joining the stitchalong is a great reason for fabric shopping especially since the other fabrics are hiding....
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan lovely to read your intro,i look forward to getting to know you better and how exciting for us all to be stitching Michelle's xmas quilt together xx

Love Bears All Things said...

Hey Susan. I live in Alabama and will be visiting Tennessee next week, only the middle part. Welcome aboard.
Mama Bear

Narelle said...

I Susan, nice to get to know you a little 😊

Raewyn said...

HI Susan, it's exciting that we have such a widespread group - good to read your post and learn a little more about you :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warm welcome! Love Bears All Things, too bad it's middle Tennessee! Nashville is about 190 miles from my house. Boohoo! Have a great time. Knoxville is a nicer city, though! =)

Susie said...

Thank you for the lovely intro. That picture sure is amazing. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Guida said...

Hello Susan, no I'm not joining the SAL, but I will be seeing every ones progress, so happy to put a face to a name. Your photo is lovely. Take care, Guida XX.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Hey Susan! Glad you're joining in too, we're going to have fun! xx