1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Quick, late, Jan check-in

My 'Christmas Blessings' block for Jan - completed 4 weeks ago ...

... and my completed 'gymnastics' - and final - block for my SKoW quilt, completed 3 weeks ago.
This block will replace the "old wooden chair" block, and was the one that has been holding completion up for the past year - just didn't quite know how to lay it out, or what to include.  I finally decided on using the 'movement pattern' for one of my favourite moves when I was a gymnast 17 years ago - the backflip - through the top and bottom; with kid-gymnasts in the middle, as I enjoyed coaching - and am actually in the middle of refreshing my accreditations right now (over the past few weeks, with a face to face course this very weekend in fact!).  

All my blocks, strips and squares are now sitting out on the table next to the sewing machine ready and waiting for when I can next get a moment to sew them together :D

I apologise for the late posting - the last few weeks, month in fact, have been just so full on with things related to both the coaching courses (both beginner and intermediate courses) and catching up on assessment requirements for my Cert III in Education support that I just haven't managed to make the time to post. 

I am hoping to get the blocks for Feb requirements prepared and ready to work on next weekend - yes, late I know, but this week looks to be just as full on in the information overload department!!!  Once they're prepared, I know it will be easy enough for me to just carry them around with me to work on, instead of my crocheted doilies.  I tend to ALWAYS have some on-the-go project with me that I can just pull out of my bag to keep my hands occupied - and not just in waiting rooms!  I've been known to work on random stitching and crochet projects during class (yes, I'm a kinaesthetic learner, and I can keep up better when my hands are doing something), and even brought my crochet in with me to the hospital when I was waiting for my knee surgery last year (it was literally only packed away just before they wheeled me into the surgical room, 2 mins before I was completely out of it!!!)

Looking forward to seeing everyone's Nature's Journey quilts grow over the next year!!

5 comments:

Asta Buchanan said...

Beautiful stitching Larissa, love the "gymnastic" block. Look forward to seeing your progress with NJ project!

Susan said...

Great work on the angel!
I love your SKOW block - so good that we can personalise ese things...Im a bit like you - don't like not having something happening in my hands...

Dawnie said...

Love the gymnastics, that is totally different. Looks great

Love Bears All Things said...

Good for you....steady wins the race. These are so cute.
Mama Bear

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased you have got this last block done and it looks fantastic...........now start sewing them together.....just do a few joins each day it will will be together in no time......
Christmas wishes looks great too......

great to hear you are giving back to coaching.....
Goodluck with your Feb blocks........