1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"My Favourite Things" .... Finished

I'm happy to share my finished (yes ... finished!!) "My Favourite Things" quilt!!   This has just been such a joy to stitch and I finally stitched the last part of the binding on this morning at Needlework!! 


I bound it in a red similar to the red I had used for little bits of applique throughout the quilt!!  The quilting was beautifully completed by my friend Jenny (who, by the way, is an absolute whiz with quilting!) and I'm really happy with the end result!!


I have finished it off with one of Anni's labels and am happy to put the finishing date as August 2012!   This is one happy little camper here!!   Thanks Chooky for the inspiration and all the ladies who are taking part in the Stitch A Long!  It is such fun to see everyone's posts and progress!  May this spur you on to finish yours off ... the feeling is amazing!!     Happy stitching everyone ... and looking forward to the next challenge you have for us Chooky!!

19 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Oh it is GORGEOUS!!! Love it!!The bit of red you have used really has given it more a lift(I think mine is lacking a bit of red lol)
I understand exactly how you feel and it is such a GOOD feeling to be finished!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

such a lovely quilt Fiona,well done.xx

De said...

Fantastic finish....love the binding in red.

Fiona said...

awesome, awesome, awesome...
Hugz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Looks amazing. well done on the finish. hugs

Bedstes Patchwork said...

Lovely quilt you have made.

Yvonne W said...

Congratulations, Fiona-- it looks great. The red border certainly lifts it.

Susie said...

wow! good on you. It looks fantastic...

Maria said...

Hello. I'm Maguida. I'm from Spain. Since long time I follow your blog and look like very nice. I woulk like to know where can I find this patterns?
Many thanks. Kisses

Love Bears All Things said...

That looks great! I like that you used blue for the backing since the quilt top is such a light color overall. I had been wondering what to use for backing. I love the label, too.
Mama Bear

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Fiona, your quilt looks absolutely beautiful! You have inspired me! Although I have not been posting, I am almost there. Keep a watch out! But your's looks stunning...love it!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous! This one is definitely on my to do list.

Narelle said...

Just gorgoues! Well done ... you girls are amazing :)

Anne Heidi said...

Wow- it is beautiful- congratulations!

Hanne said...

Congratulations on the finish - the quilt is beautiful :-)

FloS said...

Bravo !! It is absolutely Wonderful !!
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats Fiona on finishing your quilt..........it is just beautiful and you have been a wonderful SAL member.........great to be able to used one of Anni's labels........

Show and Tell said...

Gorgeous Fiona....I am so jealous!!!!!

Talin's Corner said...

Beautiful quilt and I love your label.