1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Story So Far...Not a Lot of Chapters!...

My story so far...
The chapters are incomplete...there is still a fair bit of story to be written for each block...it seems my modus operandi for this quilt is one technique at a time, who knows why it is just how it is speaking to me, so applique is happening first, stitchery will be next once all the appliques are ticked off so it will be a little while before I have actual blocks to go on the sidebar. But as I'm now up to the applique for the March blocks while March has some weeks left in it so I'm counting that as on track(ish)...it's my version of the track, I have so much trouble travelling in a straight line *LOL*...

Oh and I know the appliques are backwards and yes that is the back cover of the book..but when you don't realise you've done that until way after it is too late, it is time to move on and just live with it...so I am...

Happy Stitching
Annette
Jindi's Cottage

6 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Hello!...thanks for dropping by...

Anonymous said...

lots of lovely blocks there Annette,well done.xx

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Annette! Slow progress is still progress, so I'd say that'a a plus. Hmmm ... with your book if you hadn't put stitching etc on it yet I was going to suggest you just turn your block upside down to right the book. Still ... you'll always be able to pick your quilt out of a line up, right?! :0) Enjoy your stitching! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Susan said...

Its all meant to be personalised and individualised - so as I said to Fiona at Dragon Fly (previous post) if you want to read books from the end backwards - thats fine!!

Kris said...

I love moving on and just living with it! ;) I may make that my new motto! (I have some backwards in my collection of appliques too) I am loving your collection of blocks. Once you get to the putting together stage those letters will pop up really quickly.

Vickie said...

yep that's the way Annette.. just move on forward..lovely looking blocks I am sure the writing will appear in no time at all,cheers Vickie