1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, October 10, 2011

Waay behind !!!...

Here I am at last with something to show, I only have 5 stitcheries to go on my GJ.....

and all the pieces cut & ready to go to the machine & be sewn together.......


Being so far behind has meant that I will miss out on the 3rd SAL, myself to blame, no-one else..... but it will make me try and keep up with my next stitch along ..... maybe next year...
Congratulations to all of you who have finished your Gardeners Journal and the TTS as well ... I will be keeping up with what you are doing in the SKOW SAL.... happy stitching everyone !!

7 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Sheryl...you're not that far behind...I am still doing Block D (nearly there) and I don't think I'm going to finish in time to start along on SK of W with everyone else!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

go for it Sheryl........your not far from a quilt top.........get into it and you could come play in the new SAL......

Love Bears All Things said...

You can do it...it was sure tedious sewing all those tiny pieces together for the GJ. I don't envy you at all. We'll look for the finish soon and look forward to having you join us again soon.
Mama Bear

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

You are almost there...keep going...I love to see the progress...it's like the GJ has come alive again since you are all putting the push on to get it finished. I love your fabrics,
Holly

Kris said...

Yes, I think you could do it too! The GJ is looking beautiful!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

don't worry about being behind, just keep on plodding!!

Grethe said...

Lovely fabrics together with your super stitching! I am sure the quilt will look ever so nice when you have all the block sewn:-)