1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, December 25, 2010

The last block!!!


I have finally finished my block I and I love this block.
I don't know why, but these 3 lovely ladies look so good and I have enjoyed every minute stitching them.
After Christmas I will sew all blocks together and hopefully I will very soon be able to show you the finished top.
The quilting is coming closer and closer and for me it is not the best part of making a quilt but I am sure I will find a way.
Up till now it has been a very, very cold winter with lots of snow in Denmark.
The landscape looks like a fairytale, very suitable for Christmas.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year hopefully with lots of time for stitching.

7 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Well done....such lovely ladies...looking forward to see your quilt top...Merry Christmas...

Grethe said...

Great,Great,Jytte!Love the fabrics,
now looking forward to see the blocks sewn all together:-)

Love Bears All Things said...

Great and it looks wonderful. merry Christmas.
Mama Bear

Alberta Gal, Shauna said...

Wow, I am so happy for you... This is truly a non rush quilt. I got my book from Anni Downs and I have retraced evertyhing so that I can start doing my stitchery... I can't wait to start my quilt.
Thank you for your inpsirpation

Highland Monkey's said...

What a trio of lovely looking ladies. They look very quaint.

Helen said...

Great block Jytte, looking forward to seeing them altogether.

Helen

Chookyblue...... said...

i'm sure you had a nice Christmas.........the ladies look great.......