1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, June 18, 2010

Two more blocks--completed!

This is block H(July)...I finished it last week...It is extremely hard to get all of it in the photo because it is such a long block...I love those little wreath blocks...
I managed to finish this one today...This is Block B..I know it is out of order but I had the stitching done so I wanted to put it together...Plus, I used some of the fabric from the swap I did with Lee in North Carolina...Lee doesn't have a blog and Jennifer is posting her progress for her...."Can you spot her fabric?" When I finish and put on the label, I will refer to this block and note that the fabric was from her.

This block is going to butt up against the 'no place like home' block...see that long pink piece on the side..It is one of the border blocks for the house....Hum, I wonder if this gets us to 100...Chooky?...
My 1&1/2 inch squares have given me problems...They seemed to lay even on this one...there were just so many of them.
I'm loving this stitch-a-long...my first ever...it is wonderful meeting all of you and learning about you as we go along.
Happy stitching,
Mama Bear
:0)

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow great work on your quilt...........you have 5 blocks done so your past 1/2 way........
lovely to have some of Lee's fabrics in your quilt........

I have a confession to make I can't count properly and had the total we had done so far wrong but we are right now and your blocks will take us to 97..........so not far off.........I think we can make it.........

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, you are on a roll... I'm hoping to get another block completed soon too. Wish my job was sewing/stitching....

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are lovely....I saw my fabric and you did a great job placing it just in the right spot! I have the long one finished, but haven't taken the pictures yet! I am seriously having fun. My sewing room is a mess too many small scraps everywhere!!! Our wallhangings are going to be beautiful. We are going to be so proud of ourselves! lol
Lee

Love Bears All Things said...

Lee, Maybe we all should show our sewing room...I clean mine up once a week and then get right back to work...In the meantime, on one table I am doing scrapbooking...today, I scanned and printed oodles of photos...it all becomes cluttered very quickly.
Mama Bear

aussieneedlenut said...

Hey Mama Bear, You're going really well. Know you said you were having fits with the little squares but they look great from here. We're living in a shed at the moment while we build a house and it's total clutter. Do you perfer to be called Sammie or Mama Bear? .....Lynda C

Satu said...

Hi, I can't get my eyes off your delicious strawberries. Pretty blocks, love your fabrics.

Sheryl said...

Hi Sammie, your blocks are looking great, love the strawberies too....